Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Review: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Rose Velvet

Hey Everyone!!!

    So thanks to Julia from missjbm22, I found my new favorite lipstick, Revlon’s Super Lustrous Lipstick in Rose Velvet!

As stated by Revlon’s website, the Super Lustrous Lipsticks are infused with mega-moisturizers to seal in color and softness. Find your lip color amongst a dazzling array of 82 fabulous, fashionable shades.

 Rose Velvet is a Crème finish and I found that this lipstick is very creamy and applies evenly on the lips. I wore this out the other night to test the wear and I got about 4 hours without a lip liner before reapplication, which is good for me since most lipsticks don’t stand a chance haha! I didn’t find that this lipstick was as drying as most are on me. I did apply a lip balm beforehand as I normally do before applying any lipsticks.

Overall, I think this is a great subtle shade and it is definitely a new favorite for me. It goes great with my skin tone and I feel as though it would go great with pale skin tones as well! Revlon is my favorite drugstore brand and they keep that spot with this lipstick! I can’t wait to try out more lipsticks from this line!

Rose Velvet is also reasonably priced, as I purchased it at Target for $4.99!

All of the photos were taken with no flash in artificial lighting.









Natural lips for comparison






Natural lips for comparison






Since Rose Velvet did last quite a long time (for me) and is moisturizing I give this a 5 out of 5 stars! The color is beautiful and definitely a new go to for me!


 I really hope you all enjoy this post. Have you tried any of the Super Lustrous Lipsticks? What are your favorites?

- Alicia


4 comments: