Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

First Impressions: L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara!


Hey Everyone!

Today I am going to be doing a first impressions on the fairly new Loreal Butterfly Mascara! I have been dying to try out this mascara for a while now, so I figured I would just go out and give it a try!

"L'Oreal Paris introduces the new Voluminous Butterfly mascara featuring a breakthrough wing tip brush to lengthen, stretch and volumize every lash to the outer corners of the eye."

"The Butterfly Brush: L'Oreal Paris creates an asymmetrical wing tip brush featuring a unique shape to catch every lash from corner to corner and flexible arches to lift up at the outer edge.
The Butterfly Formula: A new formula infused with 1.2mm fibers instantly coats the lashes with a soft and delicate veil for longer looking, silky feeling lashes with up to 6x the volume.
The Butterfly Effect:  Every lash is extended for a dramatic lash fringe that flutters.
  • Clump - free, flake - free, & smudge - free "
As you can see, this mascara has a ton of claims that L'Oreal says it lives up to!

I got the formula in Blackest Black. I always prefer this color over regular Black or Brown as it really gives a nice, deep look to the lashes.



As you can see, the brush has an asymmetrical design that is meant to lift the lashes and bring them into more of a winged out placement.

The brush is a plastic brush that has a lot of flexibility to it. The bristles on the asymmetrical side go from being very short towards the tip to fairly long towards the base. As for the other side of the brush, the bristles are fairly short, making using this side for the bottom lashes easier.

I did find that this formula was rather wet, so I would personally prefer a dryer formula. The first coat that I applied went on well, the brush really separated my lashes and did give some volume and length to them. I let that coat dry a bit before applying the second coat... The second coat was pure bliss! Having some mascara to grab on to really helped the brush to drastically separate the lashes even more and give so much length and volume! I was so impressed!

I wore this mascara for about 8 hours total and I did not have any problems with smudging and NO FLAKING! I also noticed that the mascara did a great job at keeping the curl in my lashes, which never happens!

Overall, I am very pleased with this mascara and once the formula dries out a tiny bit, I know that I will love it even more! I would say that it definitely lives up to its claims and really gives beautiful length and volume, while not clumping the lashes! I would definitely recommend you try out this mascara if you want some kick ass lashes!

I was able to find this mascara at Walmart for $7.97. The price may range between drugstores and stores such as Walmart, Ulta, & Target.

Have any of you tried out this mascara? What are your thoughts?

-Alicia


**DISCLAIMER**All products in this post were purchased by myself and all opinions are my own. My obligation is to give my readers an honest review of any products, whether positive or negative.



No comments:

Post a Comment