I have an awesome review to do for you today featuring Femme Fatale Cosmetics! I have been dying to try Femme Fatale shadows for years now after seeing them swatched by Mandy of Prettymaking!
Femme Fatale has what they call a Press Kit, which is basically where bloggers can apply to have samples sent to them for review. There is a link here for more information about the kit. I thought that this would be a great opportunity for me to try out some of their products before purchasing a larger size!
I was fortunate enough to receive 11 shadow samples to review for you all! Let's get onto the swatches, shall we?!
- All swatches are done in artificial lighting with flash.
- All swatches are done over Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
- I will be giving Femme Fatale's description of the shadows, followed by my own.
|Left to Right: Impsy, Underlord, Dispersion, & Crimson Fury|
- FF: Impsy is a rich mulberry purple with red tones and golden shimmer.
- ME: Impsy is a deep berry-purple with a red undertone and gold shimmer throughout.
- FF: Underlord is a crushed berry with green shimmer.
- ME: Underlord is a lighter, more red toned berry with green shimmer throughout. This reminds me of Dinospotz from Glamour Doll Eyes or Insomnia from MakeupGeek.
- FF: Dispersion is a deep mulberry with bold teal - blue shimmer.
- ME: Dispersion is a light wine berry shadow with teal shimmer throughout.
- FF: Crimson Fury is a deep red - violet base with purple tones and a blue duochrome shine.
- ME: Crimson Fury is more of a pink based violet with a purple/blue duochrome.
|Left to Right: Desecration, Planeshift, Shadow Dance, & Moonglow|
- FF: Desecration has a bright green shimmer over a base mixed of cool grey, subtle brown, and pearly purple undertones.
- ME: I found Desecration to lean more towards the brown - based purple spectrum of FF's description, but it does have a gorgeous olive green shimmer throughout.
- FF: Planeshift is a blend of pale jungle green and teal with slight grey tones and gold shimmer.
- ME: Planeshift is a gorgeous olive green with a teal - grey undertone and gold shimmer throughout.
- FF: Shadow Dance is a grey with blue undertones and a scattering of subtle blue and pink sparkle.
- ME: Shadow Dance is a gorgeous taupe - grey with blue undertones and it has blue and pink shimmers throughout. I was able to see more of the pink shimmer thank blue.
- FF: Moonglow is a pale Columbia blue with a prominent golden duochrome and subtle pink shimmer.
- ME: Moonglow is a gorgeous pale blue with a gold duochrome and pink shimmer throughout.
|Left to Right: Wildvine, Heroic, & Faerie Fire|
- FF: Wildvine is a mid tone mauve/taupe with strong dusk pink tones and green shimmer.
- ME: Wildvine is a neutral taupe shadow with green shimmer throughout (I have this shadow on as I write this post and it's just beautiful as a barely there all over shadow!)
- FF: Heroic is a soft copper - tinged peach with golden shimmer.
- ME: Heroic is a beautiful rose gold/copper shadow with gold shimmer throughout.
- FF: Faerie Fire is a lavender pink with cool undertones, highlighted by an electric lime gold sparkle.
- ME: Faerie Fire is a beautiful pale, cool - toned lavender with lime green shimmer throughout.
Pricing and quantity are as follows:
- Samples (about 1.8tspn/ 0.20 - 0.40g) $1.10 (Samples are limited to two per shade max - NOT two per order).
- Mini (3g jar, optional sifter, 0.70 - 0.90g) $3.10 - $3.20
- Full (5g jar, 1.20 - 1.50g) $8.25
I think that these products are well worth the price and are absolutely amazing! My favorites from this bunch are Impsy, Desecration, Planeshift, Shadow Dance, and Wildvine! Which shadows are your favorites? Have you tried Femme Fatale shadows out? What are your thoughts?!
**DISCLAIMER** Some or all products in this post have been provided by the brands stated for review or use. All opinions are my own and it is my obligation to give my readers an honest review of any products received, whether positive or negative.