Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Reivew: Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Foundation


Hey Everyone!

Today I am going to be reviewing the Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Foundation. The claim from Revlon about this foundation is that this truly decadent makeup offers ultimate performance. The mousse-like texture feels like silk on your skin. And, the time- release formula balances skin for a flawless look. All day flexible wear without flaking, caking or feeling heavy. This product is buildable to full coverage for flawless skin. Soft, matte finish all day, withstands heat and humidity-great for summer, and comes in 16 beautiful shades.

I personally really do enjoy this product a lot! I do have some differences with the claims of this product such as I didn’t see 16 different shades in the store that I purchased it in (Target), nor on the website, I only counted 12. I also feel as though this product has more of a satin type finish, not a true matte finish like the Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation. I do however think that this foundation leaves a great subtle glow to the skin and it DOES last all day! I was quite impressed with the staying power of this foundation, as on me it lasted 8 hours without fading or looking cakey on the skin. I initially found this product to have medium to full coverage; it is definitely buildable to full coverage.

I like the fact that I don’t have to use half as much product as I do with my Revlon ColorStay Liquid foundation; a little goes a long way with this product. To apply it I use my Sigma Round Kabuki F82 brush and the foundation blends amazingly and doesn’t dry too quickly before being blended into the skin. It leaves quite a flawless finish that looks amazing in pictures and on camera. Initially, this product feels slightly tacky on the skin, but once I use my Inglot Translucent Setting Powder to set this product it looses the tacky finish, but keeps it’s glow.

I purchased this product for $11.99 at Target. The color ranges went from very pale/light shades to somewhat darker/tan shades. Unfortunately, they didn’t seem to have any shades for dark skin tones, which is a downside for me because I feel as though it is tough for darker skin toned individuals to find drug store products that are dark enough, and it would have been great to see that in this collection. This container has 0.8 Fl.oz of product; there is 1.0 Fl.oz of product in the Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation. Granted there is less product, I believe that this whipped formula will last much longer because you won't have to use as much product when applying.

Overall I think that this is a great product and lives up to most of its claims. It has a very smooth finish once set with a setting powder and lasts all day, which is a must for me because I don’t have a lot of time to touch up makeup throughout the day. My overall rating for this product would be a 4 out of 5 stars due to the fact that I don’t find this product to have a straight matte finish and the limited color ranges for darker skin tones.

Overall Rating: 4/5 stars
 

***Disclaimer*** All products in this review were purchased by myself; all opinions are my own.




 















No comments:

Post a Comment