Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Review & Swatches: Makeup Geek Foiled Shadows!

Hey Everyone!

Today I will be going over the MakeupGeek Foiled Shadows! MakeupGeek came out with 10 new shadows in the foiled formula. This formula is made up to mimic that of when you foil an eyeshadow with a mixing medium. The foiled shadow are a soft formula that really pack a punch. They don't even require a primer to get the full pigmentation! These shadows are absolutely gorgeous! I purchased 5 of the shadows and I am in love! I really hope that MUG comes out with more shadows in this formulation!

MUG Foiled shadows are the same size as the original MUG shadows and contain 0.064 oz. of product. Each shadow costs $9.99. Just to compare, the original MUG shadows are $5.99 for 0.064 oz. The foiled shadows are more expensive due to the unique formula but they are 100% worth the price!

Left to Right: Showtime, Jester, Mesmerized, Grandstand, & Houdini

Left to Right: Showtime, Jester, Mesmerized, Grandstand, & Houdini

  • Showtime is described as a rusty brown with warm undertones. This shadow is stunning and I love that it has that brown hue. 
  • Jester is described as a bright mossy green with slight golden undertones. Slight golden undertones is an understatement! This shadow is gorgeous and is a beautiful olive green with a gold sheen. I cannot get enough of it! 
  • Mesmerized is described as a deep medium taupe with strong purple undertones. This shadow is beautiful and reminds me of Satin Taupe by MAC but on crack! If you love taupe shadows, this is a must have! This shadow definitely pulled more purple on me but I didn't mind that at all! 
  • Grandstand is described as a medium rose gold with slight taupe undertones. This shadow..... OMG! You want the perfect rose gold shadow, this is it! I love the slight taupe undertone as it cools down this shadow a bit. This shadow reminds me a lot of Heedless Heart from GDE, which is one of my all time favorites. 
  • Houdini is described as a deep emerald teal green. Houdini is my absolute favorite of this bunch. I cannot get over how gorgeous and perfect it is! This shadow has a deeper almost black undertone to it but the green/teal really shines through. 
All in all, these shadows are just perfection! I found that these shadows blend beautifully on the lid and I did not have any creasing with them after about 5 hours of wear. I did use a primer as I have more oily lids. 

Due to the soft formula, my Houdini was broken when it came in the mail. Nothing major that I wasn't able to press it back into the pan and it is good as new, but just something to keep in mind as they are so soft. 

Have any of you tried these shadows yet? Which are your favorites?

http://youtu.be/vfJwKIUHr2w

-Alicia

**DISCLAIMER**All products in this post were purchased by myself and all opinions are my own. My obligation is to give my readers an honest review of any products, whether positive or negative.

2 comments: